Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Chapter 6: Information overload

Chapter 6: Information overload (Wattpad)

This is just impossible. Damned impossible. Couldn't this situation be any worse?! He fixed those emerald eyes on me with a look that said, Trust me.

Fuck it. I knew he was behind this somehow! I knew it! I was right with what I saw and he fucking denied it. I clenched my jaw and look away. What the hell did I get myself into? If only I didn't confront him. That was a stupid idea. Stupid, stupid, I thought miserably. I nearly forgot about my captor over the shock of seeing Sky, but then the gun was pressed to the side of my head, hard.

She said with barely conceived anger, "Just go away, you stupid moron."

Sky said nothing. He looked like he wasn't even planning of saying anything, but his look said it all;
 
He wasn't going anywhere.

Now it seems that even though I'm angry - or whatever - at Sky, he's the only one who can get me out of this mess. Well he should for God's sake, I thought bitterly. He's the one who got me in here in the first place. The woman grunted in annoyance.

"You know what? Any second now, the security robots will arrive and she will be stone-cold dead before that happens." then she continued pitilessly. "I have intentions of going to jail." The look in her eyes convinced me that she was telling the truth. Words cannot describe how scared I am. I looked at my only hope with wide eyes.

I don't want to die.

Then as quick as lightning, he got his gun and shot - not at us, but at the ceiling directly above us. The cement gave in and concrete went down at me and the woman top-speed. I knew what he was trying to do and instincts took over and I jerked myself away from her and ran. Sky immediately rushed towards me and caught my elbow. 'Right here." he said, placing me away from the crumpled figure of my once-captor. "I'll come back. Don't go anywhere."

That order wasn't so hard to disobey. My limbs doesn't seem to be connected to my brain at all. I wasn't in my right state of mind and my head hurts a lot from information overload with all the things that can be thought about.
 
I watched as Sky close in on her, and unexpectedly, I felt a slight twinge of pity in spite of what happened just merely seconds ago. I couldn't seem to look away as two gunshots were fired straight at the woman's head.

Then Sky looked at me.

As those long, muscular legs started taking huge strides towards my direction, I was shook out of my delirium. I did the first thing that came to my mind at that second; I ran. Away from Sky.

I ran as fast as my feet could carry me. And I wasn't thinking straight, but I really didn't care at the moment. I could hear him following me. And instead of using the elevator, I went to the stairs going to the lower floor and sped up.

When I thought that I could actually get away, two strong hands were suddenly clamping my upper arms from behind. We were at the middle of the stairs and I fought hard against his grip and when I did break loose, I was unbalanced and I almost fell of the steps.

Almost.

Sky caught me around the waist and steadied me. Then, he made me face him. At the expression of his face, I stopped trying to escape from him immediately.

            He was furious.

No comments:

Post a Comment