Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Chapter 8: No questions

Chapter 8: No questions (Wattpad)

"Where are you taking me?"

No response.

"Who are you?"

This guy must be a statue.

"Are you deaf?"

"No."

This is it, then. Answer the most important questions I need to know, that's right.

"Are you going to kill me?" I asked. He looked at me while still driving.

"Do I look violent?" I looked away from him, refusing to answer his question - let him know what it feels like to be ignored like thin air.

"I'll take that as a yes." he said calmly. With the matching accent. He continued speaking. "Just trust me, Ryne. You're going to thank me when this is all over and done with."

"When will it be over and done with?"

He fell silent. This guy is so infuriating as much as he is handsome. "You know what? Damn you. Just damn you. I don't know what you want or need from me but at least you should tell me anything - "

He sighed loudly and just said two words that made me snap.

"No questions." Bullshit.

"What the hell do you mean by "no questions"?"

"Just that. No questions." he said simply.

I gaped at him. "What - you- " I stuttered. I do that when I'm not scared or damned angry. Then he smirked. That's it.

"STOP. THE. CAR." I said, looking directly at his eyes.

No answer.

"I hate you so much! Fuck you!"


We were speeding through the highway at what seemed like more than legal speed. Inexplicable fear induced by the five -now dead- people at the mall had been replaced by extreme anger, panic and tiredness. The sun was already setting down. What will happen to me? I thought hysterically and tiredly. Where is he taking me? Talking to him was useless. Sudden misery overwhelmed all my other feelings. I held Dash's paw. I already feel homesick and Carsh...

An idea started to form in my mind. I still have my cell phone tucked safely in my jacket pocket. If only I could get him to leave him alone - the bathroom, possibly - maybe I can -

"Give me your cell phone."
 
Oh my God. How did he know?! He must be into voodoo.

"I don't have my - "

"Just stop lying, and give me your phone." he held out his hand.

"I told you. I. Don't. Have. My. Bloody. Phone." he held his hand back and stopped the car - at the corner, near the edge of the bridge. Where it's entirely vacant. Underneath us was the deep blue ocean. I have a bad feeling about this. He said,

"Give me your jacket." he held out his hand again. Inside my head, I'm imagining myself stabbing him. I kept my face as convincing as possible and said,

"Are you joking? It's practically freezing!" Then, he fixed those green eyes on me. "This can be easy, or this can be hard. I'm asking you - all politeness, mind you - to please just give me that. If you won't, I would have to strangle you." he looked me in the eye. "I'm serious." I can see in his face that he really is. But that won't stop me. Sky said,

"I warned you."

He practically lunged at me. "HEY! GET OFF ME!" he forced my jacket away from me. Poor Dash jumped into the backseat to get away from us. I backed and backed away from him, despite the fact that I'm handcuffed to my seat and my wrist really hurt. The next moment, I felt a sharp pain at the back of my head.

"OW! You hurt me!" I gingerly put my hand against my head. Dash began to whine. Sky looked surprisingly offended.

"I did not hurt you, you hurt yourself on the car window!"

I clutched my jacket tighter to my body. "Oh, so now it's my fault." I mocked.

"Ryne, just save yourself a lot of misery and give me your jacket." he backed away, then his gaze turned pleading. "Please." My eyes were wide. Who knew kidnappers had manners? But that little trick won't work on me. I locked eyes with him, my look challenging.

"Look," he sighed. "I know you have your phone in your jacket pocket - "

"How do you know?" I raised my eyebrow as I asked the question. He sighed in exasperation.

"I just know, okay?"

"Well, that's not exactly - "

"God! Would you just please..." he pinched the bridge of his nose with his forefinger and thumb. "Ryne," he tried again. "Your jacket please. You have to give me some credit. I saved your dog."

He has a point. But he was kidnapping me, for God's sake. I said quietly, "I didn't exactly ask you to do that - "

He very quickly jerked his hand to my open jacket pocket and got my phone. "Shit!"

He was rolling down the window on his side. I tried my damnest to get it back, but his stupid arm was blocking me. "What do you think you're doing?!" I pushed him.

He dropped my phone.

I watched as my only means of communication to Carsh - to anyone - splash into the open sea and vanish. I stared at the place where it fell, my mouth open. He did not just do that. He rolled the window back up, I was still frozen. I heard him say,

"Now, we can get going."

He resumed driving.

I take it back.  He’s no middle guy. He is utterly, miserably and impossibly evil.

No comments:

Post a Comment