Monday, March 19, 2012

Epilogue

Epilogue (Wattpad)

I blinked as I came back to the present: 15th of November. I relaxed my tense shoulders against the tree trunk and I patted Dash’s head. I took a deep breath to erase the picture on my mind.

It’s hard to forget someone who gave you so much to remember. But as I looked up to the perfect blue sky and at my anklet I can’t help but smile. 

He would be turning 20 now, I realized. I regret nothing – not a single bullet shot, not a single tear that fell and even the scarring words. It was all worth it to last a lifetime. Even the pain. Xavia and my family helped me a lot and my grandfather had been a blessing. But sometimes, an uncontrollable feeling of sadness grips me and I could do nothing but succumb to it. Surrender to it. 

I’m still in love with him, you see. I really don’t think I can have anyone else as I remembered lighting snow globes, Bella Notté, Monopoly cookies and all those kisses in between. They say what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger. I have a different view on that. It makes you better. It just has to. My intuition skills never left me, by the way. And I can feel it now – I have a feeling that when my time comes, Sky and I will have each other again. Longer this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment